Crime and PunishmentPaperback - 2004
BY PRACTICAL SCHOLARSHIP
Dostoyevsky's penetrating study of a man for whom the distinction between right and wrong disappears, and a riveting portrait of guilt and retribution.
EACH ENRICHED CLASSIC EDITION INCLUDES:
* A concise introduction that gives readers important background information
* A chronology of the author's life and work
* A timeline of significant events that provides the book's historical context
* An outline of key themes and plot points to help readers form their own interpretations
* Detailed explanatory notes
* Critical analysis, including contemporary and modern perspectives on the work
* Discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
* A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader's experience
Enriched Classics offer readers affordable editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and insightful commentary. The scholarship provided in Enriched Classics enables readers to appreciate, understand, and enjoy the world's finest books to their full potential.
SERIES EDITED BY CYNTHIA BRANTLEY JOHNSON
From the critics
AgeAdd Age Suitability
QuotesAdd a Quote
Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.
In a morbid condition of the brain, dreams often have a singular actuality, vividness and extraordinary semblance of reality. At times, monstrous images are created, but the setting and the whole picture are so truth-like and filled with details so delicate, so unexpected, but so artistically consistent, that the dreamer, were he an artist like Pushkin or Turgenev even, could never have invented them in the waking state. Such sick dreams always remain long the memory and make a powerful impression on the overwrought and deranged nervous system.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no notices for this title yet.