Robots, Androids, and Animatrons
12 Incredible Projects You Can BuildBook - 2002 | 2nd ed
Bring a robot to life without programming or assembly language skills!
There's never been a better time to explore the world of the nearly human. With the complete directions supplied by popular electronics author John Iovine, you can:
* Build your first walking, talking, sensing, thinking robot
* Create 12 working robotic projects, using the fully illustrated instructions provided
* Get the best available introduction to robotics, motion control, sensors, and neural intelligence
* Put together basic modules to build sophisticated 'bots of your own design
* Construct a robotic arm that responds to your spoken commands
* Build a realistic, functional robotic hand
* Apply sensors to detect bumps, walls, inclines , and roads
* Give your robot expertise and neural intelligence
You geteverything you need to create 12 exciting robotic projects using off-the-shelf products and workshop-built devices, including a complete parts list. Also ideal for anyone interested in electronic and motion control, this cult classic gives you the building blocks you need to go practically anywhere in robotics.